Here is a photo of a Sansui 9090 as I received it. Take a look at the tin foil covering the fuses, never a good sign. I tracked down the problem to the driver board where several fuse resistors had opened and and 2 driver transistors were bad. After I had it working, I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors. This isn’t a luxury in these 30+ year old amps and receivers. The capacitors and other components need to be replaced to make the amp dependable. Changing these old components doesn’t change the intended sound of the amps, that “sound” is in the circuit design. The amp may sound different, but only because we get used to the degraded sound caused by the aging components. So by changing these components we get reliable amps, performing the way they are suppose to. I also replaced the speaker relay, dial lights, the main fuse holder and refinished the wood cover. I have been using the Sansui 9090 nearly every day for 18 months. I was going to replace it a while ago but Catherine said, “Leave that one. It sounds good and I like the lights.” That’s enough reason for me.